We've got your color!
It's easy to save money—and the environment—when you recycle. Here's how:
- Use your burgundy cart for recyclables (paper, glass, etc.).
- Use your green cart for yard clippings.
- Use your blue cart for non-recyclable solid waste.
- Click here for NEW rate information, effective March 1, 2013
- Click here for FAQs on rates
- Click here for Garbage Rates History
Download our Customer Guide (1.3 MB) for more information.
Your service fee is based on the size of your blue cart—the smaller your cart, the less you pay. So recycle more, "downsize" your blue cart, and save!
Need assistance? Call our main Customer Service number at: (925) 603-1144.
- Press 1 for Residential garbage services, including new service start-up, billing, on-property services, special clean-ups, services for the disabled, vacation holds and your blue garbage cart or service. Garbage services are provided by Allied Waste Services (AWS).
- Press 2 for Commercial garbage services, including new service start-up, debris bins, billing. Garbage services are provided by Allied Waste Services (AWS).
- Press 3 for recycling services regarding your burgundy recycling cart or green yard clippings cart, motor oil container requests, scheduling recycling-only special clean-ups, or for information on the Walnut Creek Recycling Center. Recycling services are provided by Valley Waste Management (VWM). You can also call VWM directly at (925) 935-8900.
VWM can provide a larger 96-gallon or an extra 64-gallon green waste cart for an additional monthly fee. These carts are generally collected curbside or street side.
VWM operates a drop-off/buy-back recycling center for the CCCSWA. The Center is located on Lawrence Way in Walnut Creek (near the 680 north entrance ramp from Main Street). The buyback center is open Tuesday through Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and green waste services until 4:30 p.m. Drop-off is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. For more detailed information on what they accept please Click here for the Walnut Creek Recycling Center
Solid Waste Ordinance
In 2005, the CCCSWA amended its jurisdiction-wide CENTRAL CONTRA COSTA SOLID WASTE AUTHORITY ORDINANCE NO. 97-01 (195.5 KB) regulating solid waste, green waste, and recyclable material collection, processing, disposal and litter.
Diversions Residential Newsletter
CCCSWA sends out a newsletter with each bill. Diversions offers many articles about Cleanup and Reuse Days, ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle items, features on residents who are helping the environment in unique ways, CCCSWA news, composting information, and more!
An archive of these newsletters dating back to Spring of 2002 is available online.