We've got your color!
It's easy to save money—and the environment—when you recycle. Here's how:
- Use your burgundy cart for recyclables (paper, glass, etc.).
- Use your green cart for yard clippings.
- Use your blue cart for non-recyclable solid waste (garbage).
Download our Customer Guide (1.3 MB) for more information.
Your service fee is based on the size of your blue cart—the smaller your cart, the less you pay. So recycle more, "downsize" your blue cart, and save!
For BILLING and GARBAGE services call Republic Services (formerly, Allied Waste Services) at (925) 603-1144.
- Press 1 to make a payment.
- Press 2 for the Residential Department, including new service start-up, billing, on-property services, special clean-ups, services for the disabled, vacation holds, etc. Garbage services are provided by Republic Services.
- Press 3 for the Commercial Business Unit, including new service start-up, questions, debris bins, billing, etc.
For RECYCLING and GREEN WASTE services call Valley Waste Management at (925) 935-8900. VWM can provide a larger 96-gallon or an extra 64-gallon green waste cart for an additional monthly fee. These carts are generally collected curbside or street side.
Solid Waste Ordinance
In 2005, the CCCSWA amended its jurisdiction-wide CENTRAL CONTRA COSTA SOLID WASTE AUTHORITY ORDINANCE NO. 97-01 (195.5 KB) regulating solid waste, green waste, and recyclable material collection, processing, disposal and litter.
Diversions Residential and Multi-Families Newsletter
CCCSWA sends out a newsletter with each bill. Diversions offers many articles about Cleanup and Reuse Days, ways to reduce, reuse, and recycle items, features on residents who are helping the environment in unique ways, CCCSWA news, composting information, and more! An archive of these newsletters dating back to 2009 is available online.